10 Super-Strange Perfumes [SLIDESHOW]
A list of some pretty interesting scents sold in a bottle
What you are about to view is a collection of scents that you, Limelife reader, probably didn’t know even existed in a bottle. Varying from lobster to Play-Doh, these assorted smells will pique your curiosity, while leaving you in awe when you realize that pretty much any type of smell can be marketed and sold to consumers (Credit: Flavorwire.com)
10. Avengers: A brand of cologne named after Marvel’s superhero franchise, the product comes in four varieties: “Mark VII” for Iron Man, “Patriot” for Captain America, “Smash!” for Hulk, and “Worthy” for Thor. This author would like to believe that the scents resemble justice and box office success, and thankfully not that of an un-bathed comic book aficionado.
9. Apple: That’s right, the geniuses at Air Aroma released a fragrance that encapsulates the scent of a brand new Macbook. It was initially released at a Melbourne, Australia art exhibit.
8. DZING!: Do you want to smell like depressed clowns, circus animals and acrobats? DZING has got you covered, as it is based upon the aroma of a circus.
7. Paper Passion: Though it apparently doesn’t smell of rich mahogany or leather-bound books, Paper Passion does try to replicate the smell of a brand new novel. Supposedly it’s a real hit at law offices.
6. Bacon: If you would like to be the epitome of a man’s man, try to don some of this particular fragrance ... It will grant you respect with foodies, and should make most people around you suddenly have a craving for some bacon.
5. Play-Doh: Wearing this scent while trying to pick up someone at a bar? Challenge accepted.
4. Flame By BK: Burger King’s foray into perfumes apparently resembles meat and seduction. Aka: The scent of a middle aged gigilo.
3. Lobster: Demeter, who also released the Play-Doh fragrance, answered the requests of Red Lobster lovers with the release of this cologne. This will be a sure-fire way to guarantee a second date with that seafood lover you’ve been flirting with.
2. Vulva: Vaginal scent in a bottle. This would be a great house warming gift.
1. Funeral Home: The sly foxes at Demeter are marketing a cologne that resembles the smell of caskets, flowers, and dead human beings, proving that you really can find a consumer for any possible idea..