5 Ways He Can Tell You're Cheating
ModernMan.com Cracks Our Extracurricular Code
When Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony announced their separation last Friday, it took a whole three seconds for a rumor to erupt: had JLo been cheating? While there has been word Anthony is a jealous husband, there's not much evidence to support any supposed Lopez infidelity (come on, she's perfect)...although there seems to be a sudden rise in suspicious significant others. Especially males.
Our boys at ModernMan.com have done some serious investigating to learn how women accidentally drop hints about cheating behavior. If you're sneaking around on your tall fry with another fella, here are five slip-ups you might be making...
Women are multi-media communicators: we use touch, texting and lots and lots of talk to exchange thoughts and feelings with our partners. So when the way you express yourself to your S.O. changes, sooner or later, he's going to know something's up. ModernMan.com interviewed Christopher Paoletti, president of Infidelity Investigations LLC, and Tony DeLorenzo, co-author of The 28 Tell-Tale Signs of a Cheating Spouse,
- Have you stopped texting him? For some guys, fewer texts from you may be a bit of a blessing...for awhile. But if you typically text him throughout the day and suddenly his pings stop, Paoletti warns that your focus has shifted. "Women who text a lot don't just suddenly stop," he says. It's true: we women love the cell phone's song, sweet words on the display screen and the instant but keep-able messages our man sends. If we're not texting, we're not thinking of him. [Ed. note: reach for cell phone now.]
- Are you over foreplay? Are you kidding? Many relationship experts assert that women can't do the deed without a genuine exchange of intimate affection first. If you're the one who suddenly turns on the wham-bam in your relationship, he's going to start to think that you want to just it overwith (because you do). Ever hear a man beg for foreplay? Maybe not until now...
READ MORE: Underneath Your Clothes: What Panties Say About Your Sexuality [Poll]
- Do you overshare? It's so true: when men are hiding something, it's their vagueness that triggers our suspicion...but when we women lie, we volunteer too much info in an effort to appear as though we're hiding nothing. "She'll tell you lots of details about her day so you won't wonder what she's been up to and get suspicious," says Paoletti. (Female poker pro Vanessa Rousso also once told us that staring your partner too strongly in the eyes while speaking to him is another dead giveaway that you're fabricating fibs.)
- Does he still bug you? He better hope so, because the end of nagging is another relationship revolution that hints that you've checked out. "When she stops nagging, it means she doesn't care about the relationship anymore," DeLorenzo told ModernMan. In fact in our experience, you may go over-the-top complimenting him out of feelings of guilt.
- Are you always fidgeting? Get out of your purse, stop touching your face and get your hands out of your pockets -- that all indicates that you're full of nerves, desperate to deflect attention from yourself and flee the situation. Bottome line: if your man doesn't make you happy anymore, make the break and move on.
Love LimeLife's Love & Sex advice? Click around for more.