Simple Spring Recipe: Spring Chicken Salad
Fresh, healthy, and easy
Just like there are different fashions for the warmer weather, there are also different recipes for spring and summer. Everything tends to get a little lighter and fresher and we don't need the comfort of heavy sauces and rich dishes quite as often. This chicken salad fits the bill as the perfect spring meal.
Not only do we like eating lighter in warmer weather, but we also don't want to spend as much time in the kitchen. We love this Food Network recipe for spring chicken salad because it's light and healthy and can go from lunch to dinner... And maybe even breakfast. What? Protein is good in the morning!
What you need:
* 1/2 lb. small red-skinned potatoes, halved
* Kosher salt
* 2 T chopped fresh chives
* 2 T chopped fresh tarragon
* 2 T white wine vinegar
* 1/4 C low-fat plain Greek yogurt
* Freshly ground pepper
* 1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
* 4 romaine hearts, torn
* 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded (about 2 cups)
* 1 Kirby cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
* 4 radishes, cut into wedges
* 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
What to do:
1) Place the potatoes in a small pot and cover with water. Season with salt, cover and boil until fork-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and cool.
2) Pulse the chives, tarragon, vinegar, yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a food processor. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and pulse to make a thick dressing.
3) Toss the romaine, potatoes, chicken, cucumber, radishes and bell pepper with the dressing in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 4.
So simple and easy! Make a huge batch of it and you'll have leftovers for days. Which means you won't have to step foot in the kitchen and can stay at the beach!