The Most Trusted Celebrity in America Is: Betty White (POLL)
89-Year-Old Superstar Betty White Tops the List of the Most Trusted Celebrities in America; The Least Trusted Also Comes as No Surprise: It's Paris Hilton
America, you got it right. In a recent survey of more than 2,000 U.S. adults conducted by global market research company Ipsos, the most trusted celebrity proved to be one of the most beloved: Emmy-winning Golden Girls and Hot in Cleveland star Betty White.
The Mary Tyler Moore Show alum, who's experienced a major TV and movie comeback in recent years, and whose 90th birthday is right around the corner (January 17), topped the Ipsos list, with 86 percent of those surveyed expressing a favorable opinion of White (versus just three percent with a negative opinion of the star).
And rounding out the top 10 most trusted celebs on Ipsos' list: Denzel Washington in second place; Sandra Bullock, White's co-star in The Proposal, in third; Clint Eastwood, fourth; Tom Hanks, fifth; Harrison Ford, sixth; Morgan Freeman and British princess Kate Middleton, tied for seventh; Will Smith, ninth; and Johnny Depp, 10th.
Others in the top 25 include Robert De Niro, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Bill Gates, Samuel L. Jackson and Rachael Ray.
Now, for those celebs the Ipsos survey showed to be the least trusted by Americans. The one-time redhot star whose recent Oxygen network reality series, The World According to Paris, was a dismal flop, Paris Hilton, is the celeb found to be least popular, with 60 percent of those surveyed expressing unfavorable thoughts about her (versus only 12 percent who had something good to say).
In second place, another unsurprising name: Charlie Sheen. And rounding out the top 10: Britney Spears and Kanye West tied for third; Arnold Schwarzenegger, fifth; Tiger Woods, sixth; Kim Kardashian, seventh; Mel Gibson, eighth; Donald Trump, ninth; and LeBron James, 10th.
More tidbits from the survey:
- Among the celebs more popular with women than with men: Antonio Banderas, Anderson Cooper, Jake Gyllenhaal, Oprah Winfrey and Ellen DeGeneres;
- Among the celebs more popular with men than with women: Tom Brady, Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, Schwarzenegger, Rafael Nadal and Mel Gibson;
- Among those more popular with people under 35: Jay Z, Eminem, Jessica Simpson, Heidi Klum and Spears;
- Among those more popular with people over 55: Ray, Gates, Middleton, Barbara Walters and Roger Federer;
- And, notably absent from the list of the top 10 most trusted celebs: Oprah!
Is there any celebrity you'd trust more than Betty White?
- <#setting number_format="0">0%