- What is LimeLife?
- Is LimeLife free?
- Why use LimeLife?
- Who uses LimeLife?
- Does LimeLife sell products?
- What is MySnaps?
- Why use MySnaps?
- How do I install MySnaps?
- How do I use MySnaps?
- I installed the MySnaps tool, but when I click "Add To MySnaps" nothing happens. What's up?
- Who can see MySnaps?
- Is there a limit to the number of MySnaps I can add?
- How do I edit the description, title or photo of an item in MySnaps?
- How do I add tags to an item in MySnaps?
- How do I delete a MY SNAP?
- How do I create a Collection
- How do I change the title of my Collection
- How do I move MySnaps from one Collection to another
- What is Recent Tags?
- What is Top Tags?
- How do I verify my LimeLife account?
- How do I change my basic account information?
- How do I change my email address?
- Who can see my name?
- I don't want to get any spam. Do you share users' email addresses with anyone else?
- What does LimeLife do with my personal information?
- Can I remove or edit a comment I've submitted?
- Where do I get LimeLife Mobile?
- How do I cancel my Daily Dose subscription?
- My mobile application didn't download! What do I do?
- What if my LimeLife Mobile question isnï¿½t answered here?
- If I see spam, inappropriate content or unwanted messages on LimeLife, what should I do?
- If I report abuse, will I be kept anonymous?
What is LimeLife?
LimeLife is a blog with fun, community features. We write about fashion styles we're loving, music we're listening to, shows we're watching, celebs we love to dish on, and news that matters to us. We're always looking to discover new things, so text us, email us, send smoke signals. We'd love to hear from you.
We also created a cool tool called "MySnaps" where you can collect and share all your favorite things - your new band crush, must-have mascara, boots on your wish list and even you favorite LimeLife posts - all in one place. Check out our favorite MySnaps here.
Step into the LimeLife to read, play and participate in it all.
Is LimeLife Free?
Yes, www.LimeLife.com is free! To leave a comment, set up a personal profile page, or SNAP, you need to register.
You can also access our stories on your mobile phone if you currently have internet access. Our mobile web address is http://m.limelife.com.
Why Use LimeLife?
Stay up to date on the latest in celebrity news, fashion, beauty, music, TV, and general news - whether you're on your PC our your phone.
You can also use "MySnaps" to share your coveted style and taste with friends. You can invite friends to view your personal MySnaps. They can even subscribe to your personal RSS feed.
MySnaps can also be used for practical purposes - from storing your shopping "wish" list to asking friends for feedback about a specific product or music group.
LimeLife is also a place for discovery - finding new fashion brands and boutiques, and learning about up-and-coming celebs and new music artists.
Who Uses LimeLife?
People who have an innate desire to stay in the know - and have fun in the process. As one of our members shared with us "It's about the fun side of life." Join in!
Does LimeLife sell products?
No, LimeLife is not a retail store and we do not sell products directly.
If you like a featured celebrity look, beauty trend, or music recommendation, we make it easy for you to find the product by providing links to e-commerce sites where you can make the purchase.
With MySnaps, we automatically capture the URL where the image/product was found as well as descriptive information about that product.
What is MySnaps?
MySnaps is a tool you can use to collect your favorite things and store them on your personal LimeLife page. SNAP images of everything you like on the web--new outfits, must-have beauty products, bands you're loving, whatever you're into. You can also share your MySnaps with friends at LimeLife or on your Facebook and MySpace pages.
Over time, we will continue to expand what you can collect into your personal MySnaps collection, so stay tuned!
To Use MySnaps, you must do the following:
- Register to Join LimeLife.
- Once registered, we will send you a confirmation email to your personal email account. Confirm your registration before you install and use the MySnaps tool.
- Download the MySnaps tool. For step-by-step instructions, click here. Don't forget to view the demo video!
To Trouble-shoot, click here.
You can complete your personal profile at any time.
Why use MySnaps?
Use the LimeLife MySnaps tool to
- Collect your favorite things all in one place. They can include a wish list of outfits, accessories, beauty products, tunes, or simply images that inspire you.
- Share your MySnaps with friends - via email, on your MySpace or Facebook page, or your blog. Get their opinion and share your style, tastes and new finds. Your friends can also subscribe to an RSS feed of your personal MySnaps.
How do I install MySnaps?
Installing the MySnaps tool is very easy. Click here for instructions. For trouble-shooting, read on.
To confirm that you have successfully installed the MySnaps Tool,
Check your browser's toolbar. You should see "ADD TO MySnaps".
If you cannot find ADD TO MySnaps in your toolbar, double check that your toolbar is set up to display it
- In Internet Explorer,
- Go to Favorites => Links folder => and make sure you see ADD TO MySnaps.
If you see this, then you've successfully installed the MySnaps tool. If you do not see this,
then you'll need to re-install. To Re-install,
- Right click on the "ADD TO MySnaps" graphic on the instructions page. As you mouse over it, it'll say "RIGHT CLICK ME!"
- Then select "Add to favorites" from the pop-up menu
- You will then receive a Security Alert message that says "You are adding a favorite that might not be safe. Do you want to continue?" Click "YES."
- An "Add a Favorite" pop-up will appear. The Name will be "ADD TO MySnaps". You will also see a drop down menu for "Create In:" Scroll through the list until you find the "Links" folder. Select this folder so that "Links" appears in the "Create In" field. To complete the process, click ADD.
- Go to View => Toolbars => and make sure Links is checked. This controls the display. Once you find "Links" on your toolbar, ADD TO MySnaps should be in proximity.
- Go to Favorites => Links folder => and make sure you see ADD TO MySnaps. If you see this, then you've successfully installed the MySnaps tool. If you do not see this, then you'll need to re-install. To Re-install,
- In Firefox,
- Make sure that your toolbar is set up to display the ADD TO MySnaps tool. Go to View => Toolbars => and make sure Bookmarks Toolbar is checked. This controls the display.
- to Bookmark => Bookmarks Toolbar => and make sure you see "ADD TO MySnaps". If so, then you've successfully installed the tool. If you do not
see this, you'll need to re-install. To reinstall.
- Go to the instructions page and click on the button that says "ADD TO MySnaps". As you mouse over, it says "DRAG ME!" Hold down the click and begin dragging the button up until it reaches your Firefox toobar. Once you release, you should see "ADD TO MySnaps" in your tool bar.
Now you're ready to use MySnaps.
How do I use MySnaps?
To start snapping your personal collection, Make sure you've completed these three steps.
- Registered to Join LimeLife.
- Confirmed your registration in your personal email account.
- Downloaded the MySnaps tool.
Now you're ready to visit any web site and "SNAP" images for your collections. Happy shopping! Happy snapping! Happy shnapping!
To SNAP a product image on a website,
- Go to the web page that contains the image you're interested in snapping.
- Click on the ADD TO MySnaps button in your browser's toolbar to activate MySnaps.
- Mouse over the desired product image on the web page. You should see a frame around that image, a LimeLife logo and an action box that says "CLICK ON IMAGE TO MY SNAP". This indicates that the image is snappable. Remember, you must click on the ADD TO MySnaps button before clicking on an image.
- Click on the image to SNAP and immediately you'll see a pop-up box that let's you edit the description, add a note, add tags and set to private if you only want this MySnaps viewed by you. You can also create a new collection name for this image (e.g. beauty products, dresses, can't live without, wish list, etc.)
- Click submit. If you're not logged in, you'll be prompted to enter your login information: email and password.
- Once logged in, you'll land on a page that contains your most recent MySnaps. From here you can EDIT or go to MySnaps where there is more functionality.
I installed the MySnaps tool, but when I click "Add to MySnaps" nothing happens. What's up?
Who can see my MySnaps?
You're MySnaps collection can be viewed by the LimeLife community, your invited Friends or only by you. To set your global privacy options,
- Go to My Profile
- Select Edit
- Select the Privacy Tab
- Set View MySnaps setting to "anyone", "my friends only" or "no one"
When submitting new images using the SNAP tool, you can set the individual SNAP to "private". No one but you will be able to view this image.
Is there a limit to the number of MySnaps I can add?
No, there is no limit to the number of MySnaps you can add to your collection. Keep your collection public to inspire your friends and the LimeLife community.
How do I edit the description, title or photo of an item in MySnaps?
Make sure you're logged in. Select "MySnaps" from the global navigation menu, select "Edit" and then double click on a SNAP you want to edit, make your changes and select submit.
How do I add tags to an item in MySnaps?
Make sure you're logged in. Select "MySnaps" from the global navigation menu, select Edit, double click on the SNAP you want to add tags to and click submit.
How do I delete a MySnaps?
To delete a SNAP, log in, select "MySnaps" from the global navigation menu, select "Edit". This will bring up all your MySnaps. Double click on the SNAP you want to delete and click on the trash can in the upper right corner.
How do I create a Collection?
There are two ways to create a New Collection:
- When submitting an individual SNAP
- In your personal MySnaps, Edit mode
When submitting an individual SNAP
When Snapping an image on a website, the pop-up window allows you to select a collection from a drop down menu (you must be logged in) or create a new collection. Select "create a new collection" and enter the name in the blank field before submitting.
In MySnaps, Edit Mode
First log in. Then click on "MySnaps", then "Edit". In the left column, you'll see a field box just to the left of the "+" sign. Enter the name of your collection and click on the "+" sign. The collection will be added to the bottom of your list.
On the right side, you can click on "MySnaps Not In A Collection" to view all images that do not belong to any collections. You can add them to a collection, by dragging the SNAP to the desired Collection on the left.
How do I change the title of my Collection?
Log In, select "MySnaps" from the global navigation menu, select Collections, select Edit and then double click on the collection you want to change. Enter new title name.
How do I move MySnaps from one Collection to another?
Make sure you're logged in. Select "MySnaps" from the global navigation menu, select "Collections", and select "Edit". Click on the Collection you want to move images from. The items in this collection will appear on the right. To move to another collection, simply drag and drop the SNAP to the desired Collection on the left.
What is Recent Tags?
Recent Tags is a dynamic list of the most recent tags LimeLife community members have used to "tag" or describe their personal MySnaps. Click on a tag that interests you to view all products/images that have been submitted with that tag. For example, if you click on "sunglasses" you will see all the images associated with sunglasses. This feature allows you to explore and discover new things.
We will continue to expand what is viewable in the LimeLife community. So, stay tuned!
What is Top Tags?
Top Tags is a dynamic list of most popular story tags from our editorial team. If you click on a tag, e.g. "Justin Timberlake", you will see all feature stories that are related to Justin Timberlake.
How do I verify my LimeLife account?
To join LimeLife and create a personal account, enter a valid email address and password. We will then send a confirmation email to the email address you submitted.
You must verify this address within 72 hours to complete the process and use the community features of LimeLife. In our email, click on the link to confirm registration.
Once you complete the process, you will come to a LimeLife page that confirms your account has been activated. From here you can install and use MySnaps, comments on stories and invite friends.
How do I change my basic account information?
Log In, Select "My Profile", select "Edit" and select the "Account" tab. Here, you can also update your basic information, tell us a little more about your interests and define your privacy settings.
How do I change my email address?
Log in. Select "My Profile" from the global navigation. Click "Edit". Select the Account tab and enter your new email address. Click "Save".
Who can see my name?
Your account and display name is initially assigned the prefix of your email account. For example, if your email address is Jane415@gmail.com, your account and display name will be Jane415.
You can change this by going into "My Profile" and click "Edit" and make sure you're on the Basic Info page. Here you can change the assigned Display Name to one of your choosing. For further questions, email us at Feedback@limelife.com.
How do I invite my friends?
Select "Invite Friends" from the global navigation menu at the top of the page, and you can either import your contact list from your AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, or Outlook accounts. Or you can invite friends by typing in their individual email addresses, separating each address with a comma.
You can use the LimeLife message or personalize one of your own, then click on Send. If successfully sent, you will see a pop-up confirmation.
I don't want to get any spam. Do you share users' email addresses with anyone else?
We hate spam, too. We do not share email addresses of LimeLife users with anyone. The only mail you will receive if you register with LimeLife will come directly from us. And you'll be able to opt out of communications from us at any time through a link included on any email we send.
What does LimeLife do with my personal information?
Can I remove or edit a comment I've submitted?
Not currently. This is scheduled for a future enhancement.
How do I cancel my LimeLife Membership?
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take care of it.
Where do I get LimeLife Mobile?
If your mobile phone is web-enabled you can enter the following address: m.limelife.com. The full address is http://m.limelife.com.
You do not need to enter www.
How do I cancel my subscription to LimeLife's Daily Dose text alerts?
You may cancel your subscription at any time by sending a text message with "CANCEL", "UNSUBSCRIBE", "STOP", "END" or "QUIT" in the text message to 51912
This applies to the following text alert channels:
- Real Girl Beauty
- Love & Sex
- Health, Diet & Fitness
- Careers & Your Cash
- Healthy Pregnancy
- Dogs Rule!
- Catï¿½s Meow
- Daily Joy
For instance, send "CANCEL" to 51912 if you want to stop receiving Daily Joy alerts. You can also call our toll-free customer support line at 877-822-5092 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday).
My application (People Mobile, In Style Mobile or Rachael Ray Recipes™ on the Run) didn't download! I can't connect to the link.
Cannot connect to server or not available. The short code SMS that people send to subscribe to an application sends with it the encoding for the phone to indicate which carrier they have. The server then passes along the url to the specific carrier deck location for the application. By trying to connect to the url, the handset ID is sent to the carrier server. The carrier's server will then try to match up the handset ID with the application builds on the server. If no match is found, the carriers don't allow a connection - often giving a generic error message. Carriers do not charge for downloads that are not successful.
What if My Question Isn't Answered Here?
If you can't find the answer to your question here, please send e-mail to us at Daily Dose Support email@example.com
If I see spam, inappropriate content or unwanted messages on LimeLife, what should I do?
If you see something you think doesn't belong in our community, use the Flag feature to report it to us. You'll see a Flag link and pink flag icon beside products, lists comments, profiles, polls, groups, forum posts and inbox messages. Let us know the reason for flagging and we'll look into it.
If I report abuse, will I be kept anonymous?
When you Flag content, LimeLife administrators will see your username since they may need to contact you for more details. But your username will be kept confidential and will not be shared with the content provider or other users.